Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before ordering. By paying your deposit, it will be deemed that the terms and conditions are understood and accepted.
1. The final payment for your Wedding Cake is required no later than seven days before the collection or delivery. We will not be issuing any reminder invoice; it is your responsibility to remember to make this payment.
2. If full payment is not received before cake collection or delivery, the order will not be released.
3. You can settle the final payment for your celebration cake on the day of collection.
4. All payments must be made through bank transfer, Paypal or cash. Details for such will be on the quote you receive.
1. If you decide to cancel your order, we reserve the right to retain your non-refundable 50% deposit.
2. Cancellation must be made in writing (by letter or email) to Tamsyn Bakes. It will only take effect on the date that we receive your letter/email.
3. Should you postpone the event, I will endeavour to transfer your order providing that the date is available in my calendar. Otherwise, it shall be treated as a cancellation (see above).
4. I retain the right to cancel the booking if very unusual circumstances that are beyond my control happen, during which we will refund any money taken in full.
1. It is your responsibility to read and check the provided quote thoroughly. Any amendments to the cake design should be made in writing via email or direct message. Please do not text my contact number as this is a landline.
2. I can adjust the design should you request it. However, there may be times that this is not feasible, depending on the nature of the request or amount of notice given. If the alteration affects the cost or if the preparation and work for the original design have already begun, then your balance will be adjusted accordingly.
1. Delivery charges are calculated based on the mileage and time. Alternatively, cakes can be collected from my premises.
2. If you choose delivery, know that it is my intention to hand over your cake in perfect condition prior to the start of your event. However, we ask for patience with factors that may be beyond our control (e.g. traffic conditions) as I cannot be held liable for such delays. Please make sure to inform me of your correct event time and the postcode of the venue. In the unlikely event of late delivery, the maximum compensation will be a refund of the delivery price.
3. We cannot be held liable for any damage that is rendered to the cake at the venue once we have left the premises. With this in mind, we require somebody responsible to check that you are happy with the cake before we leave.
4. If you chose to collect, we would not be held liable for any damage to the cake once it has left our premises.
5. Late requests for delivery (i.e. after securing the booking based on collection) will be accommodated if possible. However, we cannot guarantee this, as earlier delivery commitments must take priority.
I ask all clients to set up the cake table, linen, cake stand, and knife prior to our arrival, if your event deems these items necessary. If any delay is incurred because these were not prepared, we reserve the right to charge a labour or time fee (£20 per hour). Alternatively, please arrange for the cake to be left with the event manager to assemble or move into position.
1. Prices are non-negotiable and assessed according to the exact design and size of your cake.
2. Following your consultation or enquiry, your quote is valid for up to one month (for wedding cakes) or 14 days (for other types of celebration cakes). Paying your deposit will secure this price and slot in my diary.
1. A non-refundable 50% deposit, which includes the total cake and the delivery price, if necessary, is required in order to secure the commission of your cake and chosen date with Sweet.
Please keep in mind that the date must be provided upon ordering.
2. Deposits are payable via bank transfer, Paypal or cash.
3. I reserve the right to adapt the design at any point if circumstances beyond our control may compromise the quality of the finished cake.
4. Each cake is made individually by hand. Although I make every effort to ensure consistency, a small amount of variation may occur from the design requested or the picture supplied.
ALLERGIES AND SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
1. Feel free to discuss with me if you or any of your guests have special dietary requirements. We will strive to accommodate these requests.
2. Although ingredients such as nuts can be removed from the cakes, I cannot guarantee that any of my cakes are completely free from these components since I use them in my kitchen.
Some cakes may contain small proportions of inedible items. It is your responsibility to ensure these are removed by yourself, caterer or guests before consumption. Some inedible items include:
Support Dowels in Tiered Cakes
Ribbons around cake boards
Wires in Sugar Flowers
1. Please remember that cake decorations are very delicate items, and I cannot accept responsibility for damage to the cake after it has left my possession.
2. In such cases, you can advise me and request a repair, which will be charged accordingly. I may also charge for transport costs.
1. If you have concerns about your cake, please notify us upon collection or delivery so that we can rectify it in time for your event. All other concerns should be made in writing and evidence of the fault should be included. No refunds are given due to change of mind.
2. In the unlikely event of late delivery, the maximum compensation will be a refund of the delivery price. We ask for patience with factors that may be beyond our control (e.g. traffic conditions) as we cannot be held liable for such delays.
3. Refunds are at the discretion of Tamsyn Bakes.